Let's Get 10 Million Signatures By 9/10/11
To Keep The Net Free & Open for Everyone.
TO: Barack Obama, President of the United States of America
CC: The U.S. House of Representatives, The U.S. Senate
PETITION FOR RULES THAT PROVIDE FOR A FREE AND OPEN INTERNET
Dear Mr. President,
We the undersigned people of the United States believe that maintaining a equal access for all Americans and preventing discrimination of any kind on the Internet is the First Amendment issue of our time.
New FCC Net Neutrality rules fail to meet any authentic standard of a free and open Internet and are unacceptable to us as Americans. We strongly urge you to reconsider your support of these new "false standards" and ask you to endorse Internet standards that benefit us all by ensuring that:
1. Both wired and wireless Internet users are treated equally.
2. “Paid Prioritization” schemes, which give phone and cable companies the power to pick winners and losers on the Internet, are illegal.
3. “Specialized Services” that allow the industry to unfairly discriminate online are illegal.
4. “Tiered Pricing” that will increase the education gap between high and low-income families is illegal.
5. A free and open Internet is protected by a strong legal foundation that can withstand court challenges.
6. These same standards become a strategic component of U.S. Foreign Policy.
7. Openness and interconnectivity between online communities and communication services are enforced, thereby preventing “walled gardens” and “corporate silos” from acting monopolistically.
Please continue to stand with all of us in defense of our First Amendment by keeping the Internet free and open to everyone.
Note: I have read the Net Neutrality Petition above and I hereby sign the petition: